This session will see investors, lenders and project sponsors discuss the policy mechanisms they need to see in order to continue to deploy storage at scale.
- Are incentives needed in this market?
- What is investor appetite for auctions?
- Should there be adders for colocation?
- What additional support do we need from networks?
As many power producers and suppliers move towards the retirement of fossil fuels and the need for energy storage increases, this panel will examine the role storage could play and what barriers remain.
- Repurposing fossil fuel projects - are there opportunities in this space for investors?
- The economic case for renewable generation and storage
- The importance of grid flexibility and how storage enables this as renewables generation increases
- Clean Power for All and Green Energy Systems
- Renewable Generation technology + Energy Storage Systems
- ESS to play a key role on the path to a Zero-emission, low carbon footprint future
How can asset owners maximise revenue from their storage assets? Understand what can be learnt from the last year of trading from the leading flexibility software platform, one of the UK’s largest trading portfolios of grid scale storage and a leading technology and services provider.
- Best strategies to maximise revenues in an uncertain market
- Impact of software and technology on asset optimisation
- Key elements of value creation in the lifecycle of a storage project
With rapid increase in demand for batteries, we examine where the supply of batteries will come from and how developers can create stability in their supply chain through evaluating suppliers.
- Evaluating technology: Assessing bankability
- Can stationary projects compete with battery demand in EVs?
- Looking at sustainability - will European Gigafactories improve efficiency in the supply chain?
How can you mitigate against fire risk and establish frameworks that prioritise safety as we see an increase in operational battery storage systems.
- Do ‘off-the-shelf’ cooling systems provide less risk?
- Thermal runaway and Lithium-ion
- What effect will this have on securing insurance?
What role can storage play in updating grid infrastructure and in which locations is this necessary?
- Hybridisation of fossil fuel plants and using existing infrastructure
- How can storage drive out virtual transmission assets to reinforce future energy infrastructure?
This theme of content will look at understanding why asset management and data is important to fulfilling promised capacity.
- Planning for the future and ensuring Energy Capacity Warrantees
- What can we learn from solar and wind projects?
- Pre-empting problems and establishing a robust Asset Management plan
- Discussion of long-term revenue streams for co-located storage projects
- Introduction to Pexapark’s tools to support building a co-located project business case
- Developer best practices for co-located storage projects
- The need for and role of innovation support in emerging technologies
- An insight into BEIS’ recent Longer Duration Energy Storage Demonstration (LODES)
- IEA’s Technology Collaboration Programme for Energy Storage
As energy providers move away from reliance on fossil fuels and look towards renewables, we examine how colocation can benefit storage.
- Where should storage make its main play – solar or wind – and can either compete with the benefits of standalone projects?
- Where does the risk lie and is this exclusive to the location?
With increased interest in longer duration storage options, how do policy and regulations need to change to allow more stability for developers and investors. This panel will assess the need for longer duration storage and cut through the jargon to assess bankability and examine how these new technologies will fit into the market.
- What technologies are viable for investors and developers?
- How will long duration batteries compete in a market dominated by Lithium-ion?
- Long term pricing laws and minimum revenue guarantee from government
Venue: Flight Club Victoria, 6 Sir Simon Milton Square, London, SW1E 5DJ
By Invitation Only. You must have a ticket to the Summit to have the chance to be invited.
Find out more on the 2nd tab: https://storagesummit.solarenergyevents.com/gala-dinner/