Unlocking Opportunities in Italy’s Energy Storage Landscape
Time: 14:40 - 15:20
After years of limited activity, Italy’s energy storage landscape is set to explode. TERNA expects that Italy will need 15GW of total capacity by 2030, of which 9GW needs to be LDES. New criteria and conditions for large-scale energy storage were also approved in 2023. But why is everyone talking about Italy?
- Where are the most favourable market conditions in the country?
- How will opening up new markets for batteries such as frequency response help drive deployment?
- Expected long-duration energy storage mechanisms appearing in Italy
- Is getting a grid connection easier in Italy?
- Contracted vs. uncontracted revenues
- Route to market from the Terna auctions
- Elodie Colliard Senior Advisor - Green Giraffe B.V.